Tips to Dressing Dining Room Windows with Venetian Blinds
Sleek, chic and extremely stylish, Venetian blinds are the ideal window dressing for modern and contemporary dining rooms. Providing privacy and fantastic light control during the day time, once fully closed their chic styling remains and prying eyes stay out.
With metal being on this interior design trends list aluminium Venetian blinds are the ideal choice, furthermore if you opt for smoky metallic colours a luxury look can easily be achieved. As we’ve mentioned before Venetian blinds have come a long way since their humble beginnings, today there are many variations and colours to suit modern living spaces beautifully.
If you can look past (metaphorically) the older clattering, clanking versions that didn’t pull-up evenly and warped and bent and hone your attentions on the latest designs you’ll see that Venetian blinds have a lot to offer and don’t have to cost a small fortune (which has to be good news!).
Let’s share with you some of the great benefits of using Venetian blinds in your dining room:
1. Sleek styling has to be top of the list.
2. Excellent, easy light control enabling you to help protect your flooring and furnishings fading in harsh sunlight.
3. By altering the angle of the slats wonderful diffused lighting effects can be achieved. By tilting the slats upwards natural light can be bounced off from the ceiling to make room look and feel lighter and airer.
4. Venetian blinds make the ideal window dressing for windows of all sizes. Extra wide windows can benefit from wider slats while small windows can be dressed with narrower slats (this style of blind is often referred to as Mini blinds).
5. Metal blinds in copper, bronze, silver and gold finishes add a touch of opulence to a dining room.
6. For a more traditional dining room Venetian blinds can be paired with curtains or drapes.
7. Unusual slat décor is being seen on the latest designs, including perforated slats which also produce wonderful soft, diffused lighting effects. Some of the designs also have small lights incorporated within the header rail so that the patterns and images can be seen at night.
8. Motorised blinds are also becoming common place, which is perfect for contemporary interiors which have all the latest electronic gadgetry included.
9. Special coatings (usually acrylic) can or are applied to help protect wooden blinds from humid atmospheres and to repel dust.
Venetian blinds have so much to offer, if you’re looking for a window treatment for your dining room it’s well worth spending a little time looking at all the styles and designs available.